http://bestflights.co.za/europe/italy/milan – Visit for more information on Milan, Italy.
Milan, the second largest city in Italy, is a thriving cosmopolitan business capital and the center of cultural and tourist activities. The main industries of Milan are textiles, the manufacture of cars, machinery, chemicals and paper-making.
What to see / do:
There are a great variety of things to do and see in Milan, main attractions include:
* Duomo (Cathedral) — The world's largest Gothic cathedral
* Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II — Glass-domed arcade with coffee-shops
* Theatre Museum at La Scala — World famous opera house
* Santa Maria delle Grazie — House of Leonardo da Vinci's famous painting, The Last Supper.
* Museo Poldi-Pezzoli — spectacular private collection of Poldi-Pezzoli
* Museum of Historic Art of the Sforzesco Castle — Built in the 15th century and restored in 1943.
* Leonardo da Vinci National Science & Technology Museum — museum with a collection of Leonardo's ingenious designs from war machines to architectural visions.
* Milan Aquarium — 36 gigantic pools filled with more than 100 different species of fish.
* Orto Botanico di Brera — A botanical garden established in 1774
* Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio — One of the oldest churches in Milan, built by Bishop Ambrose in 379-386 AD.
Milan is center of cultural and tourist activities like paradise for opera, shopping and nightlife and is known for its many cultural events:
* Antiques Market: Selection of furniture, clocks, porcelain, silver, jewelry, dolls, books and numerous collector's items.
* Tredesin de mars: Celebration of the start of a beautiful season of spring.
* Festival of Sant'Ambrogio: Antique furniture and handicrafts as well as different stalls of delicacies. * Milan Fashion Weeks: Best designers showcase their Autumn/Winter and Spring/Summer collections.
* Italian F1 Grand Prix: The FIA Formula One World Championship.